Last revision: Jan 2019
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal data, the changes will be posted on this page. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically monitoring and reviewing any updates to this policy. Your continued use of our Website after such amendments will be deemed your acknowledgement of changes to this policy.
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- Information we collect about you and how we collect it
- Information you give to us
- Information we collect about you through our websites
- How we use your information
- How we disclose your information
- We may transfer your information outside the European Economic Area
- How long we retain your information
- Your choices about how we use and disclose your information
- Your rights regarding your personal data
- How we secure your information
- Your use of third-party websites
- Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 16
- Our Data Controller Contact Information
Baker & Taylor UK are committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy describes the types of information Baker & Taylor may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, www.baker-taylor.co.uk. This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third party, or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information defined as personal data or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal data”). For example, we may collect any of the following information about you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- IP address
- Payment processing and order processing information, including credit card and financial account information
A) INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
The information you give to us on our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- This includes information provided when you purchase goods or services through us, or sign up for our newsletters and other types of information material;
- Information we receive when we process and respond to your inquiries related to products, customer service and technical support; and
- Information obtained when you provide feedback on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency and other communication data.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, enabling us to:
- Determine web site traffic patterns.
- Count web visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance and security of our site.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine user frequency and recency.
Google will use this information on our behalf (as the operator of the Website) for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity for Website operators and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage.
In case IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the whole IP address first be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: (click here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB).
Cookies Used on This Website:
Our Website uses single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent) cookies.
Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Website. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our site and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics.
Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by Baker & Taylor to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit the Website.
Below please learn how we process information collected about you (including personal data) as well as the corresponding legal basis. We may process your information where the processing is:
- Necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you. For example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between your employer and us, and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example:
- To improve the Website content so it is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when you choose to do so).
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website and services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries.
- To notify you about changes to our service or our Website.
- If you are an existing customer, to communicate (including by email and/or SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- If you contact us regarding applying for a position, we may use the information for recruiting, talent management and employment purposes (recording, examination, assessment, selection, and conclusion of an employment offer).
- Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- Pursuant to valid consent provided by you, to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, simply do not opt-in when we ask for your consent on the relevant forms where we collect your data. For any other purpose where you have provided valid consent where it is legally required.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Subject to applicable law and regulations, we may disclose personal data that we collect, or you provide, as described in this policy:
- To any member of Follett for the foregoing described purposes.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., database hosting providers, managed service providers, developers, consultants).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Follett’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Follett about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you ask us to communicate information to a third-party dealer or installer who is installing or serving your product.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
4) WE MAY TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you wish for more information about these contracts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5) HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Unless otherwise required by law, Baker & Taylor will erase personal data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal basis for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal data has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
6) YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track. Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
- Promotional Offers from Baker & Taylor UK. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our products or services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that this does not apply to information provided to Follett as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
At any time, you may exercise certain rights you may have under applicable law and regulation, including the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, which includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, and certain rights to request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your personal data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your personal data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, processing is unlawful, your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes of processing, or you have otherwise objected to processing related to automated individual decision-making).
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal data transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable physical, administrative, and technical measures to secure the information we collect from and about our customers and Website visitors. However, no method of electronic transmission or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
9) YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this policy does not apply to these websites. Follett encourages you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you visit. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal data. BAKER & TAYLOR UK DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
10) OUR WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and Follett does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com
11) OUR DATA CONTROLLER & CONTACT INFORMATION
Baker & Taylor (UK) Limited, Bicester Park, Charbridge Way, Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK. OX26 4ST